Monday, February 21, 2011

Kitten Surprise...by Nate Beine





The other day our teacher, Ana, discovered that a cat had birthed baby kittens in a box on our balcony.  When I came out onto the balcony, Ana was reading, with 4 tiny, cute baby kittens on her lap.  They were all curled up together in a ball and when we took one out it started mewing and scratching us with its tiny claws. All of the kittens had their eyes closed and Ana said that they won’t open them for a couple of weeks. Ana had the idea that we could keep one.  My mom’s fine with that but says that it has to stay outside, but my dad does not want a pet cat.  I told him that it could eat the rats, but he still doesn’t like the idea.  I think that having a kitten would be cool because we’d have a pet in both countries.  My dad also said that it would die when we left because it couldn’t find food for itself, but I’m sure that one of our friends here could take care of it.  Ana also thinks that it would be a good idea to get a snake which I agreed with since I’ve wanted one for a couple of years.  Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for my mom.  Thanks to those of you who pray for us and be sure to add a cat and snake for us to your prayer list.
From Nate

2 comments:

  1. I vote for Nate's idea! Keep the kittens...they really WILL help with the rodent problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was a good idea too, but alas, the mom cat has moved the kittens and we haven't seen them in a few days. :(

    ReplyDelete