Sunday, February 27, 2011

Inspiration from the Psalms


Yesterday, in church, we read a psalm that seemed to speak to my heart and give encouragement.  I want to share some of it with you.  Psalm 147 (in part):
“Praise the LORD!
How good to sing praises to our God!”
  (Sometimes even singing in Nepali my heart swells with joy.)
“He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.”  (I’ve written about my heart breaking, or aching, and my small pain is nothing compared to what I see around here: LORD, please heal the brokenhearted of Nepal!)
“He counts the stars and counts them all by name.”  (We’ve had many nighttime walks home from the hospital, when we’ve forgotten the flashlights, and the view of the stars is fantastic.)
“How great is our Lord!  His power is absolute!  His understanding is beyond comprehension!”  (No further elaboration necessary.)
“The LORD supports the humble.”  (May we be humble in your sight.)
“He covers the heavens with clouds, provides rain for the earth, and makes the grass grow in mountain pastures.”  (Ana and I went to pick up the kids from a friend’s house in the midst of a tremendous rain and hail storm yesterday.  There were rivers flowing along the dirt path.)
He takes no pleasure in the strength of a horse or in human might.
No, the LORD’s delight is in those who fear him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love. 
(I fear Him.  I put my hope in his unfailing love.  May you know the LORD’s delight!)

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment