Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Making Ice Cream in Nepal (by Nick)


Hey everyone, it’s Nick again.  Just one more interesting thing I thought I’d share with you… 

A few weeks ago, my dad and I were in a shop buying supplies to take on the Chepang Trek we recently returned from, when I found a pack of ice-cream mix.  I turned it over and read the instructions on the back.  I thought they were hilarious, so I took a picture on my iPod of the package, so I could share them.  Some of you may have heard us talking about these instructions before, so here they are, word for word.  Enjoy! 

(Sorry I forgot to get a picture of step number 1, but two and three are the best anway)

2) Pour the mix over a metal cup of 15X20 cm. sizes and wait it in the deep freeze for 34 hours or icebox of refrigerator adjusted to the coldest temperature for 56 hours until hardening. 
3) Take the ice-cream into the refrigerator and wait it for 20 min.  After forming desired consistency, you may serve ice-cream into dishes or over deserts.  

I thought it was pretty funny, and it sounded a bit hard to make…

No comments:

Post a Comment