Sunday, May 2, 2010

More Details...

Today, I had the best Nepali language lesson that I have had yet. I cannot tell you any new words that I learned, but I can tell you that the Holy Spirit stirred in my heart as I listened to the details of my teacher and his wife coming to faith…finding their eternity secure in the Father God.

So, my initial story, received third-hand, had a few of the details inexact but not far off. I want you all to enjoy the details that thrilled me today. You see, this woman was lying in her bed, not sleeping, when the entire room went completely, utterly dark. Then it was full of light. Then dark again, and then light again. There were three cycles of this. (And this was not one of our power fluctuation phenomena.) She felt sure that this was a sign that she would soon die. She told her brother and her son about the experience, which had considerably shaken her. They had a meal with her and tried to reassure her that she did not seem close to death. They left for a while. She went out. She was out for three days, and she has no recollection of those three days. Gathering information from others who encountered her, it has been confirmed that she slept at a Tibetan camp and she was either mute or simply not making sense. Some children at the camp who were interacting with her decided that she needed some care, so they found an adult who then called the police and they transported her to the hospital. While being examined at the hospital, they placed leads on her body for an ECG and suddenly she regained the ability to speak and from that point on, she has a sharp memory. When her identification was clarified, it was a quick call to her daughters that began the spread of news that she was found. About 100 people were out looking for her by this time, and within 20 minutes, all of them were at the hospital with her. She was released from the hospital with no particular illness identified.

The group had some food together and discussed this strange occurrence. Her brother and her son noted the remarkable resemblance to Paul’s encounter with Christ and the parallel of three days for Christ in the grave. My language teacher, the woman’s wife, is well acquainted with the Bible, as he has had to teach the words in it to many foreigners over the past 20 years. He contemplated these things as they discussed the situation. Also, there was one family member who had a dream about this happening to this woman before the story was revealed. In the end, the woman saw that she was not really being called to death, but rather to LIFE! And she was ready to choose the light, to choose LIFE.

As my language teacher told me the story, he said, “My wife is uneducated. And she was a very strong Hindu. I have a very high education. It seems to me that Jesus prefers the uneducated and the lowly to the highly educated. It seems to me that He wanted to save us, but he chose to reach my wife first and then me.” His joy was palpable and it has infected me for this entire day. The kindness of our LORD is immeasurable! When I met this woman today for the first time, she greeted me with a hug. This is an unusual greeting here, but she just seemed to be overflowing with love. That too infected me.

Finally, I want to share that one of the first things they did was to call a missionary couple that they knew from many years ago; my language teacher says that this couple has shown them an extraordinary amount of love. He shared their story and about this new life that they have found. The coupled responded with dancing. Surely, this had been their hope for many years. Their prayers were fully answered. I am brought to tears as I write. We (our family and you) are praying for many things. Who knows when and how God might answer. Let’s not grow weary in hoping for the lost and lifting them up before the throne! This is what motivates us. One day, you will see, we’ll be in heaven and Nepalis will also be there, worshipping the King. Keep praying! Thank you. Your work with us is worth more than we can reckon.

Rejoicing!
Kimberly, for all the Beines

2 comments:

  1. It's like we are sitting at your dining room table with you while you share this story -- I can FEEL the praise and the celebration! What a glorious story of the endless ways God pursues us, wooing us to Him, chasing after us! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Joy! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete