Sunday, March 17, 2013

12...13

 Today, Jake turned twelve.  We had a simple and very enjoyable celebration.  We played games on top of Srinigar mountain, with the kids from two other families.  We are so blessed to have Jason as our third son.
 We are blessed by all of our sons, really.  Here is Nate enjoying a moment with Spandon; he was entertaining her with his Rubik's cube for quite a while.
This third photo is Jake, Kimberly and Kylie in Hong Kong.  The "13" in the title of this post refers to the completion of 13 full days in Nepal.  Kylie caught a bad cold shortly after our arrival.  Last night, it came back with a vengeance, and she suffered a ruptured eardrum.  Today, her ear drained fluid all day long.  For Kylie, it could be a bit disappointing: she arrived at her internship assignment, jumped in with both feet immediately {began teaching on day two in Tansen} and is still sick on the 13th day.  Would you join us in praying for the recovery of her eardrum, please?

As I downloaded these photos, I found photos of us in our house before the fire.  I was surprised by the flood of feelings that whooshed into my heart.  I do not think I have processed our loss.  I guess I have some work ahead of me during our Nepal time.  Tomorrow holds work on the Maternity ward in the hospital, so I think I'll only process a little tonight; I better get to bed.

Thank you for your involvement in our lives!
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment