Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Just a few tidbits...



What do you do when water is in short supply?  Ana taught us that you wash your hair with the rainwater runoff from the roof.




What do you do when all the beds in the Surgical Ward are full?  Well, here they put the lady who just had a hysterectomy in the hallway on a mattress on the floor.  It's a little awkward to do the post-op exam with multiple male onlookers who are lingering in the hallway.



There are so many things that I gladly embrace here, "strange" new ways to which I become accustomed.  There is one that I still struggle with...yesterday, I had to use the squatty potty at the hospital for something more than urinating.  After I had relieved myself, I looked around and saw my only option: a bucket of water...and then the sink in that room was non-functional.  Toilet paper is a foreign product.  I'll let you fill in the blanks that I have left in this "tidbit."  Some things I have yet to embrace as normal.

Thanks for following us, in our adventures,
Kimberly, for the Beine Bunch







No comments:

Post a Comment